The stairs are one of the more important parts of the house. this essential part is used by everyone frequently. Selecting well-designed and suitable staircase tile is a quite difficult task. the such tile should be made with high-quality material and good looking design to satisfy you completely.
Staircase Tile Design
No doubt to say that there are thousands of staircase tile designs available in the market and online stores. According to my Black and white or grey and white combinations for stair design are always better. and rough tile for the staircase will prevent slipping while stepping up and down. meanwhile, different people have different suggestions. while selecting tile designs keeping some thoughts in your mind can help you to reach the perfect one. The following criteria of tile design will help you to choose the right staircase tile for your home.
Selecting Stairs Tile Design
Before selecting the tiles for the staircase follow the tips given below
- Looking at the antiskid property for the staircase sounds good. it should be self-embossed grooves to provide a better grip. The front side of the stair tile must be in the shape of a full or half moulded design like bullnose finish to prevent injuries from sharp edges.
- Do not use gazed tiles on stairs, it is not a good idea. when you think to use glazed steps for your home, that may lead to a slippery path.
- The thickness of the staircase tile should be 12mm, less of it may lead to cracking the stepping area after some time.
- If looking for a suitable stair tile for outdoor purposes, ensure it is frost resistant, durable, and water-resistant.
- Always Choose tiles that should be easy to clean and maintain. Thus, a simple sweep of cloth can clean your tile easily and save a lot of time.
Staircase Tile Size
Common sizes of staircase tiles are 4×1 ft. and 3×1 ft and thicknesses 8mm to 12 mm. if any required odd size in the staircase then you will need to cut it down or join it with multiple tiles.
Staircase Tile Price 2022
Stairs tile price is between Rs. 30/sq.ft to 60/sq.ft. or Rs. 220 to 300 per box or set. commonly different dealers have different ways to calculate the cost of materials. rates may vary in case of changes in material quality, thickness, sizes and brands.
Kajaria Staircase Tile
Kajaria Ceramics is the brand name and the largest manufacturer of vitrified tiles in India. The Company has increased its manufacturing capacity from 1 mn. sq. mtr to 70 mn. sq. metre. And offers more than 2800 options in wall tiles, vitrified tiles, staircase tiles, designer tiles, and so on. using its tiles for stairs is always a good decision. because this company provides a wide range of tiles and varieties as well as quality.
Johnson Staircase Tiles
Choosing tiles from Johnson ceramics for the staircase is another best option. this is one of the largest competitor companies of Kajaria ceramics. H & R Johnson was established in 1958 and provide quality ceramic options in wall tile, stair tile, vitrified tiles, designer, 3D tiles, and bathroom solutions. one of the best collection of their special tiles is Germ-free tile.
Mainly two types of step tile H R johnson is providing
- Stepping Stone: Johnson Endura Stepping Stone is a double nosing full-bodied vitrified tile. The tread lines make them antiskid that much safer than conventional stairs.
|Johnson staircase tile|
Size: 52x31cm, 120x30cm, 95x30cm – 1.2cm, 1.5cm thickness
- High Traffic Step Tile Series: Johnson Endura High Traffic Step tiles has an antislip grip at the edge of the tiles at a low cost.